August 20, 2008

WOW!!! This is going to be a long one :)

Where do I even begin, it's been almost a month since our last post and so much has happened... Nate and I sealed the deal on Saturday, August 9th in the St. George Temple, so I guess I'll start with the events leading up to that day...

The Girls all came down a few days before the wedding and threw a fun bachelorette party- we all had pedicures, went to dinner and stayed at the condo. THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!! Sad that not everyone could make it but we had a great time. The next day we went swimming and ran a few last minute errands, THANKS CAS- she helped with the flowers and all the other errands. THANKS APE (my dear friend) for coming all the way from Arkansas and staying at my parents with me and Alex the night before the wedding. THANKS ALEX for being patient with me for the last few months because I wasn't near as involved as a big sister should be!!

The next morning Nichole came over at the BUTT CRACK of dawn (ok 6:30?) and did my hair, THANKS CHO!!! Then it was off to the Temple. I have to chuckle because I had prepared Nate that this would be a bittersweet morning for me because my fabulous parents would not be inside the Temple, I warned him not to be surprised if I shed a tear or two... (YES I know ALL of you that attended the Temple are laughing because you know there were WAY MORE than a "tear or two"). Needless to say I scared the crap out of Nate and had to convince him that I love him dearly and not to worry there were no regrets. I felt so bad because I'm sure Nate's side was wondering what the heck was going on!! I love my parents so much and just felt a little incomplete without them right there in the room, they were there in my heart but my emotions definitely got the best of me that morning!! THANKS MOMMA & DADDY for EVERYTHING!!! You have done so much for us and we are so very grateful!!! We really appreciate all the friends and family that came to the Temple and all the love we felt around us that day! THANKS Gma & Gpa D for being my escort and witness and THANKS Gram Whitney for taking me through the Temple for my first time. It's so great to be able to share these amazing experiences with everyone!

We got done and greeted everyone outside, we really appreciate EVERYONE who came and everyone who wanted to come but couldn't for supporting our marriage!! Of course we took pictures outside the Temple, THANKS ANGIE for saving the day, most of you know our other photographer kinda bailed on us. THANKS MATT (Happily Ever After Video Productions) our awesome and annimated videographer, he was a lot of fun to work with!! Nate was absolutely DYING of heat and by the end we had to go home and wash his shirt for the reception that night, who's bright idea was it to get married in St. George in August?!

After the Temple we went to the Luncheon that Kitty (Nate's Mom) worked so hard on, with some help from good friends. THANKS AGAIN!!! It turned out really nice and it was great to spend time with family!!! Kitty helped with a lot more than the Luncheon and we just want her to know how much we love and appreciate her for all she does for us!! We also want to THANK THE SORENSENS for all they do for us and the help they've given so freely!

I swore to myself I wouldn't be that Bride that doesn't enjoy her own reception food... I spoke too soon, I think I ate 2 pretzels while everyone was going outside to see us off. The reception turned out pretty good I thought, but what do I know :) I hope that we were able to talk to everyone and thank everyone for coming because it really wouldn't have been the same without you all!!! THANKS AUNT SAM, she made the cake and it turned out beautiful!!! THANKS MAL for making the guest book, absolutely darling!!

The limo got there and picked us up, but where do you really go for a limo ride in St. George?! We had him take us past the Temple and the long way to our hotel in Washington, but we were exshausted and ready to relax. The hotel was nice, they had flowers on the coffee table for us with a card welcoming and congratulating us, there was a great view from our balcony, a fire place and best of all a comfortable bed. I think we got about 9 hours of sleep that night (no joke). Don't worry we didn't sleep the whole night, haha, can you write that in a blog?

Sorry I don't have any pictures of anything yet but I will post again soon with our Honeymoon Adventure... stay tuned hahaha!!!

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE for making our day so memorable!!!

6 comments:

Alex said...

it still is a little weird to me to think that you guys are actually married now. everything really did turn out great! i don't know if i ever really told you that. i love you guys and ill probably see you tomorrow!

Tiffany said...

Jess - my darling bride! Everything turned out amazing, it was all georgous, especially YOU!! So glad it all ran so smoothly! Love you lots! Hope to see you soon!

AJ and Cindy said...

Congrats Jess! I am so happy for you I had chills reading about your wedding. We were going to try to come down,so I am sad we didn't make it, but we were thinking of you! Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess! Sounnds like it was a perfect (hot) day! The wedding day is all a blur so good idea in writing in down on a blog! I don't remember half the details from mine! Have fun opening all those gifts and shopping with all those cards!

The Blanchard Family said...

The day couldn't have been better (ok maybe an A/C on the temple grounds or some misters or something) JUST KIDDING! It was hot, but absolutely perfect! The whole weekend went by in a flash and I am sure even more so for you, but make sure to treasure those memories of that great day! I love you and would like to WELCOME Nate to the "fam"!

The Staheli's said...

Congratulations!!! I was so sad when I realized that we were going to be out of town on the big day. It sounds like everything went awesome. I'm sure you were a gorgeous bride!