December 13, 2009

My thoughts as of lately...


I seem to have had a lot on my mind lately, with my new calling and the fact that I feel I'm a little more aware of the people around me and the situations we are all facing as we "grow up." I feel that I need to take a minute and express my gratitude for the people in my life.

Mom and Dad have always had our best interest at heart, even if we didn't think so or we don't agree, I know they do and I appreciate them. They are always so willing to listen and give advice or sometimes just listen. They are very encouraging and want to see us happy and successful. Their family values have always been a strong example and I love how close and open we all are.

Alex has always been an amazing support to me through EVERYTHING ;) She went from the annoying little sister to the best friend and I love her so much. Things are different now that we are both married, we don't see each other as much but we still know we'll always be there for each other. With Nate and Matt in the picture now that's just two more people for our family to love.

I appreciate Matt and all he does for my baby sister, we really couldn't have hand picked anyone better for her.

My mother-in-law, Kitty, who is always encouraging and helpful with the million questions I have about my calling, who loves her son with all her heart and is supportive of everything we are trying to do to get our lives going in the direction we hope will lead to success.

Kitty's new husband, Buzz, who's always good for a laugh and a sarcastic remark and in the same breath has a genuine testimony of the gospel and is a great example of friendship and kindness to others. We had the opportunity to take a short trip to SLC on Friday night to see the lights at Temple Square and then did a session Saturday morning, we had so much fun with Buzz & Kitty and are so grateful to them for taking us.

My love, Nate, who no matter what kind of a day I've had is always there 100% to lift me up. He is my everything and I am so so lucky to have him in my life. He knows just how to hold me to make all my stress go away if only for a few seconds, but in those seconds it's when I realize that it will all work out. He is working so hard to get where he needs to be to support our family and I want him to know how much I appreciate his efforts. He loves me for me, my silly OCD moments which I KNOW are crazy, he just laughs with me about how I am about certain things. He makes me smile, which isn't hard for him at all and I love that we are so happy together.

I am also truly grateful for my dear friends, most of them aren't close by but they remain true friends. I know I can call any of them for words of encouragement or even just to have some good girl talk and I appreciate the fact that there are good friends in my life. I appreciate that we are all there for each other and I hope they know that sometimes when I am not there physically, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. We are so blessed to have each other and for that I couldn't be more grateful, I only hope this friendship lasts for eternity. Thank you all so very much for the examples you are to me and for the love and support you show. It means more to me than you may ever know.

Last but certainly not least, I am grateful for my Heavenly Father & my Savior, Jesus Christ. In this time of uncertainty in so many things they are constant. When my imperfect self forgets to communicate until I have no other solution, they are there. I am grateful that I am able to feel the strength given to me as I strive to do my part and even more so I am grateful to know that when my part isn't enough, they make up for that. I appreciate the opportunity I have every day to make the choice to be a better person, to do my best in areas I am lacking and to learn these life lessons that I am learning. I appreciate trials for the strength they bring once I have conquered them and I appreciate the opportunities I have to struggle through things to know what the meaning of hard work is. I would be lying if I said I never wish I didn't have trials but I know that if I do my part I will get through them.

Those are just some of my thoughts as of lately...

1 comment:

The Blanchard Family said...

You are so sweet! I missed you a lot at the party on Saturday! Can't wait til you live closer!