July 16, 2008

Taking Time...


Lately I have come to appreciate time, it seems that life can get almost too crazy sometimes and there are days when you barely have time to consciously breathe- so it's a damn good thing we do that involuntarily.  
Most of you have already been through this stage in life that I am facing and I hope can look back and relate.  You go through your daily routine of waking up too early it seems because you went to bed too late the night before, putting in a full days work, and sometimes more, getting off work just in time to run here and there trying to accomplish all of the errands you have on your list so that your stress level remains something you can at least bare, all to find that you have run out of time to fit everything in.  
You can manage your time, prioritize even but in the end if you don't have the right attitude you almost resent "time." With Nate and I planning this wedding we have really noticed the LACK of time we have to do anything besides work and wedding.  Whether it be finding an apartment (which we did and Nate is all moved in) or picking a reception center.  Choosing colors for this or patterns for that.  I've already come to the point where I don't care about the details of the wedding, it's going to be an amazing day whether the flower lady gets our order right or it's really windy and the photos don't turn out JUST how we'd wanted... 
I care about Nate.  I care about taking a night after work and doing absolutely nothing, but together.  We both needed that, to have a night where we didn't say one word about the wedding, we just went to dinner, watched a movie and relaxed.  
My mind has been going a million miles an hour lately so I apologize for all of the sporadic thoughts...last saturday was an interesting day for me,  ABBIE, my dear friend had a small bridal shower for me at her home.  I've been very sentimental the past few months so forgive me for the mushiness but as I sat there in her home and was surrounded by friends that I've had in all the different stages of my life I got to thinking about how they have all had such  an impact on who I am today.  Abbie and I joke about being arch enemies our sophomore year in high school and the fact that we are now such good friends.  But all of you have touched my life in more ways that I could name and for that I thank you so much!  I still learn so much from you and cherish what little time we do share together now that we're all grown up!  (Not sure I am but I fake it when I have to haha)  Thank you everyone that was at the shower, that helped and to all of you who have been such an amazing strength to me.  I love my friends dearly and I do cherish our time together.  Quality not quantity, right girls?!  I hope that I have been and can be as good to you all as you have always been to me!!!   

1 comment:

JLH DMB said...

I love you soo much Jess. Nate is awesome! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for helping me clean up Danes massive amounts of throw up the other day at abbies:) You and Nate are so sweet!!!