November 17, 2008

26 huh?!?!

I love Nate so much, yes of course I cried when I read the sweet post!! You all should know by now, I'm such a sap!! He really is so good to me and we have so much fun together "all the days!" Ha ha -inside joke ;) I am so happy!!
I just have to thank everyone who called, text, emailed, blogged and helped celebrate my "26th."
I got a birthday card from my mother-in-law 2 days before my birthday, so as I'm walking back to the apartment I flip the card over to tear it open... for those who don't know I have this way of ruining surprises! Not on purpose, it just happens! Anyway, on the back of the card it says, "No peeking til the 12th." I was good and set the card on the counter and headed back to work (from lunch). We got home from work that day and Nate asks if I want to open it, DUH!!! I love ruining surprises haha... so I make him go get the card so that when Kitty asks I can tell her "Nate made me do it!" Then Nate asks if I want the gift from him (we're still 2 days away from my birthday) and of course I say yes! I got a very nice wallet/clutch from Nate and a giftcard to Buckle from Kitty (Nate forked over some more cash at Buckle so I could get my favorite jeans!) I was spoiled this year!
On my actual birthday we went to dinner with some friends and had cake and icecream, thanks to everyone who came!!! We celebrated with the Family on Sunday-- Mom and Dad did the cooking, chicken and shrimp, YUMMY!!! Thank you all for the gifts and for simply being there to spend time together.
So I know I haven't posted anything in a while and couldn't leave out the Halloween fun... Here is the same crew that went to dinner on my birthday. We have some really fun couples in our ward and are so glad we've made some great friends! In fact last Saturday we all had a pre-Thanksgiving, there were a few more people that night. I baked the pies... and for my first time I think I have to call it a success! We went to see the Bond movie after dinner. It was a great birthday week!! Besides feeling a bit under the weather all week I really couldn't have had a better time, unless of course all my "up north" friends could have been there too!
Hope everyone is doing well and I hope it doesn't take me this long to post again!!

5 comments:

*Angie* said...

welcome back to the posting world! haha. We may be in sg for one night in december, maybe we could do dindin?

Livin' it and Lovin' it! said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday!!!!! and all of your pumpkins turned out cute as well! Love you guys!!!!!!!

JLH DMB said...

OHHHHHH!!!!!! I love Nate! He is such a wonderful hubby to A) think ahead to do something thoughtful for your b-day before the actual day, B) figure out how to even get to "blogger.com" C) log in and post the most darling "Wife Tribute". Yeah!! So cute! Glad I got to talk to you the other day, Love you Jess!

Tiffany said...

How super sweet is Nate? Wow - he just won Husband of the Year award! I love you Jess and thank you for being such a wonderful and supportive friend in my life! I love how much you guys love Andie and how much she loves you guys - seriously it means the world to have friends that truly care about my little kiddo!!! I am SO sad I missed your bday dinner, wish we could have been there! Love you lots and happy happy birthday darling!!

Meghan said...

I changed my blog address. It is meghanmcmickell@blogspot.com