A lot has happened in the last six months. Nate and I both got back in to school, I got back out. Life was too crazy and I knew my stress level so we decided it was best if only one of us goes back to school at a time. Nate is finishing this semester and then starting his Master's in January. He is very excited and I am so proud of him, he is working so hard at getting his education so that he can provide for our family. I am still investigating what I really want to do for my Master's. I know I want to do something with Psychology, just not sure what specialty.
This past summer was busy with school, work and camping with the family. We had a good summer but it went by too quick. In August we celebrated our 1st Anniversary in Mesquite. Mack & Tami were kind enough to let us stay at their condo. We went golfing, bowling and hung out at the pool. It was a fabulous 1st year together!! We are house-sitting for a lady Nate's mom knows and have been since August. What a blessing it has been to live rent free so that Nate didn't have to work during school. I'm still managing a cell phone store down here and that keeps me pretty busy.
In October we went to L.A. for our annual Dodger game. Our friends, T.J. & Sophie went with us. We got to see them clinch the division!! We also went to the L.A. Zoo, our hotel the first night was a little shady and disgusting but we survived ha ha. Nate & I also got to meet one of his half-sister's, Joy. We are so happy to know her!!! While on the pier we met a couple who had an interesting hobby of designing these cool bikes, they don't sell them, just create them for their friends and family as a way to get everyone together and spend time with one another. I just had to take a spin!!
We have enjoyed our ward down here and recently both got new callings. Nate's calling has been extended but not yet announced, but he will do well. I was called as the Relief Society President just after my birthday. I was a little shocked at the calling because I have never had anywhere near the responsibility in the church, but I'm diving in head first and can't believe the love in my heart already for the Sister's in the ward.
Nate and I have been up to SLC a few times in the last few months and have really enjoyed spending time with family and friends. A few girls nights were just what I needed, living here has been ok but I do miss my friends. We think we'd like to end up there again sometime in the future but just not sure when.

I turned 27 this year and to be honest it was a little nerve wrecking. I'm not sure why I was so uneasy about this one but Nate sure did a good job at getting me through that week :) He had a few surprises up his sleeve on my birthday and I got through it just fine. We had Sushi that weekend with the family and then cheesecake at mom & dad's.
Thanksgiving this year we went to my parents on Thursday and spent time with a bunch of the family. Nate's mom and her new husband came up on Friday (I had to work both Wednesday & Friday) and Nate cooked a whole Thanksgiving meal for us and it was AMAZING!!! We had a great weekend spending time with family and we couldn't be more grateful for them. I don't think we got any pictures though :(
So in an extremely condensed version, this has been our lives for the last six months... more to come soon, I'm back in blogging mode!!!

4 comments:
I decided to get back to the world of blogging as well. . .you and I have a lot of work to do to keep up with the rest of the gals! Love ya!
We would love to hang out with you guys. We just hung out with your aunt and uncle (sue and Ryan) and we talked about you guys it would be really fun to do something with you 2. And 27 aint all that bad(HEHEHE).
I am so happy you are back to blogging, I have been checking your blog every week to see, and was happy to see an update! Looks like things are going great for you two, you look so cute,as usual! Can't wait to see more updates! Keep them coming :)
You are lucky I am such a stalker and check this frequently even though I really don't expect an update... made my day to find one!!!! Even though I already knew it all :) Love ya!
PS i still love how I thought we were turning 28! That also made my day when you kindly reminded me that we have another year until that dreadful day!
Post a Comment